The teacher shall:
- Carry out the curriculum in accordance with the Board's educational philosophy and policies.
- Foster the development of each child's full potential.
- Spend the time necessary to help pupils, meet with parents, and carry out other educational responsibilities.
- Discharge duties in accordance with the Board's policies and with the rules and instructions of the building principal and the Superintendent.
- Teachers shall stay current about new educational theories and practices.
- All teachers must maintain proper State certification. Teachers must send the official certificate and the transcript of marks to the Superintendent's Office after completing a course.
When a teacher is eligible to move to a different salary group, the teacher must follow the notification process as set forth in the currently existing contract between the Litchfield Board of Education and the Litchfield Education Association.
The Superintendent will make the change in salary following the process set forth in the Agreement between the Litchfield Board of Education and the Litchfield Education Association.
Full credit may be given for all satisfactory services in accredited schools.
Up to two years of credit for military service and/or work-related experiences may be granted on the salary schedule.
Litchfield Board of Education
Policy Adopted: November 23, 1982
Policy Reviewed: October 1, 1998
Policy Revised: October 19, 2011