4119.2 School Counselors
The School Counselor shall:
- Stimulate the independence of each student as a learner, effectively assess each student's needs and progress, and plan instruction to achieve selected objectives.
- Meet professional responsibility for students' continuing growth and foster the school's involvement with parents and the community.
- Conduct individual and group counseling.
- Consult with families, students, and faculty regarding college and career planning, parenting skills, study skills, child/teen development and school to home transitions.
- Develop and implement an organized program with specific goals and objectives targeting personal, social, academic and career development areas.
- Discharge duties in accordance with the Board's policies and with the rules and instructions of the building principal and the Superintendent.
Litchfield Board of Education
Policy Adopted: November 23, 1982
Policy Reviewed: October 1, 1998
Policy Revised: December 14, 2011