COMMUNICABLE AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES
A communicable disease listed as such by the Connecticut State Department of Health.
- The school nurse shall immediately inform the building administrator when a student or employee is suspected of having a communicable disease.
- The parent or guardian of the student suspected of having a communicable disease shall be notified and instructed to have the student examined by a physician.
- The student or employee suspected of having a communicable disease shall be examined by a physician before being permitted to continue in attendance at school.
- All decisions made by school personnel concerning incubation periods, periods of communicability, and minimum control measures shall conform to the regulations and guidelines of the Connecticut State Department of Health.
- The school administrator shall immediately notify the Superintendent of Schools when the existence of a communicable disease in such school has been identified.
- When necessary and appropriate, the school nurse with the recommendation of the school medical advisor and the Director of Public Health, shall notify parents or guardians of students who are suspected of having come into contact with a communicable disease. The school nurse is authorized to determine when such students must be examined by a physician before being permitted to return to school.
Litchfield Board of Education
Regulation Adopted: November 17, 1987
Regulation Reviewed: October 1, 1998
Regulation Reviewed: November 2005 by School Nurses
Regulation Revised: January 18, 2006
Regulation Revised: April 2, 2014