INTERNAL BOARD OPERATIONS
Based on recommendations from the Superintendent of Schools, the Board will:
1. Periodically review its philosophy and goals and make adjustments as appropriate.
2. Develop and approve an annual budget in support of the educational program.
3. Establish and maintain recruiting procedures and personnel practices that attract and encourage excellence.
4. Monitor student achievement through various tools of assessment and identify strengths and weaknesses to address student needs.
5. Maintain a policy manual that defines the techniques the Board will utilize to meet its responsibility and provides guidelines and direction to the Superintendent.
6. Encourage open communications and involvement of the community in the educational process.
Litchfield Board of Education
Policy Adopted: December 14, 1982
Policy Revised: April 21, 2010