INTERNAL BOARD OPERATIONS
All meetings of the Board of Education shall be open to the public with the exception of executive sessions.
The public may be excluded from meetings of the Board of Education which are declared to be executive sessions. Executive sessions may be held on a two-thirds vote of the members present and voting at a public meeting for one or more of the following reasons and may not be held for any other reason:
1. Discussion concerning the appointment, employment, performance, evaluation, health or dismissal of a public officer or employee, provided that such individual may require that discussion be held at an open (public) meeting.
2. Strategy and negotiations with respect to pending claims and litigation.
3. Matters concerning security strategy or the deployment of security personnel, or devices affecting public security.
4. Discussion of the selection of a site or the lease, sale or purchase of real estate when publicity regarding such construction would cause a likelihood of increased price until such time as all of the property has been acquired or all proceedings or transactions concerning same have been terminated or abandoned.
5. Discussion of any matter which would result in the disclosure of public records or the information therein described in C.G.S. section 1-19(b).
Legal Reference: Conn. Gen. Stat. § 1-200 Definitions (Public agency; Meetings; Person; Public Record; Executive Session)
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 1-210 Access to public record
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 1-213 Agency administration. Disclosure of personnel, birth and tax records. Disclosure of voice mails by public agencies. Judicial records and proceedings.
Litchfield Board of Education
Bylaw Adopted: December 6, 1983
Bylaw Revised: May 11, 1999
Bylaw Reviewed: March 3, 2010