LITCHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
BOARD OF EDUCATION
PUBLIC COMMENT PROCEDURE AND FOLLOW-UP REQUEST FORM
All regular and special meetings of the Litchfield Board of Education are open to the public with the exception of discussions conducted in executive session. Because the Board desires to hear the viewpoints of citizens, it will schedule one period during each regular meeting for public comment.
If you wish to speak, you must complete the speaker's form with your name, address, and a brief comment. The Board Chairperson or other presiding officer will be responsible for recognizing all speakers. When you are recognized to speak, state your name and address for the record. Students, please state only your name.
The following guidelines are to assist you during the Public Participation Session:
- Speakers are welcome to offer objective comments and/or suggestions to help improve school operations and programs.
- Personal complaints should be directed to the appropriate Litchfield administrator via an appointment, telephone call, email, or a letter.
- Personnel matters will not be discussed.
- Concerns regarding a student(s) will not be discussed.
- Questions and/or comments about pending litigation will not be discussed.
Sensitive matters involving charges or complaints against personnel or schools shall be handled in executive session unless requested otherwise by the school personnel being discussed.
The Board Chairperson has the discretion to limit comment time. Generally three (3) minutes per speaker is allotted. The Chairperson may allow additional time.
- Written statements are always welcome and copies are always provided to Board of Education members.
- Immediate replies to questions and concerns should not be expected and will be provided strictly on an as-available basis and at the discretion of the Chairperson.
Questions asked by the public will typically be referred to the Superintendent for investigation and a later response. A request for a future agenda item must be made in writing to the Chairperson or Superintendent no less than one week prior to a regular meeting date. The Chairperson or Superintendent will respond to all agenda item requests, including executive session.
PUBLIC COMMENT FORM
Date of Meeting: _______________________________________________________________
Phone #: _______________________________________________________________
Brief outline of comment, question or concern: _______________________________________
Litchfield Board of Education
Form Reviewed: 6/8/2004, 11/5/2008, 3/3/2010
Form Revised: 08/12/2014, 09/16/2015