The mission of the Litchfield Public Schools is to provide all students with appropriate academic and personal learning experiences within a safe and supportive educational environment. In partnership with our parents and community, we challenge every learner to acquire the knowledge, skills, and personal attributes needed to become productive and self-directed citizens.
Student Achievement: All students will participate in a rigorous, enriching, and engaging learning experience that supports their academic, social, emotional and physical development.
- Provide all students with opportunities to engage in creative and critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration.
- Develop practices designed to hire and retain the most effective staff.
- Provide professional development that meets the needs of all staff and promotes continuous improvement.
- Design, implement and evaluate teaching and learning to support high achievement.
- Develop and implement a PK-12 curriculum that is aligned and rigorous.
- Design and implement a technology plan that will support and enhance effective teaching and learning.
Culture: LPS will develop and maintain a learning environment focused on physical safety as well as social and emotional well-being.
- Ensure that school facilities are secure during the school day and that district/school emergency plans are updated regularly and comply with required guidelines.
- Provide resources, staff and programs designed to support social/emotional and physical well-being.
- Develop and maintain school cultures that nurture creativity, respect and excellence.
- Model professional ethics by example.
Communication: The district will effectively communicate with all stakeholders and will continuously work to improve relationships with parents and the community.
- Develop ways to engage and involve parents and the community in school activities.
- Develop communication strategies that encourage feedback from the community.
- Create a communications plan to improve community collaboration.
- Effectively use multiple communication tools to communicate, inform, educate and respond to stakeholders.
Resources: Resources will be utilized effectively and efficiently to support the district’s mission and goals.
- Identify ways to stabilize and increase student enrollment contrary to the current demographic changes while maintaining highly effective teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with others (towns, agencies) to share resources where appropriate to maximize resources.
- Develop a technology plan to ensure appropriate infrastructure, software and devices that are aligned with district goals. Continue to implement the 5-year technology plan, and act on the recommendations outlined in the most recent system wide technology audit.