CONCEPT AND ROLES
Business (3100-3499 Section)
The Board of Education recognizes that money and money management comprise the foundational support of the whole school program. To make that support as effective as possible, the Board of Education intends to:
1. Encourage advance planning through the best possible budget procedures.
2. Explore all sources of dollar income.
3. Guide the expenditure of funds so as to extract the greatest educational returns.
4. Expect top quality accounting and reporting procedures.
5. Maintain expenditure needed to provide high quality education.
Litchfield Board of Education
Policy Adopted: 5/10/1983
Policy Reviewed: 10/1/1998
Policy Revised: 9/9/2009, 4/9/2020