ENROLLMENT OF THE CHILDREN OF NON-RESIDENT STAFF
The Litchfield Board of Education (the "Board") authorizes the Superintendent to accept eligible school-age children of non-resident benefit eligible staff employed by the Board in accordance with the criteria set forth in this policy:
- 1.Non-resident attendance may be extended from year to year at the discretion of the Superintendent or his/her designee. Application for initial and continued enrollment shall be made in writing on a form supplied by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
- 2.Tuition will be charged for the enrollment of the children of non-resident staff in Litchfield. Tuition will be ten percent (10%) of the annual tuition rate (exclusive of transportation) set by the Board. The manner and method of the payment of tuition shall be agreed upon in advance of the first day of the school year. In the event a student withdraws or is terminated from enrollment during the school year, pro-rata tuition will be refunded.
- 3.The policy does not obligate the Board to provide special education programs or services or create new district programs for non-resident staff students. If a non-resident student is enrolled or continued in Litchfield, and such child is eligible for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act ("IDEA"), Litchfield shall act as the local education agency for such child. In instances where special or additional services are provided for a non-resident student, a supplemental tuition or fee may be charged based upon the actual costs associated with providing the special or additional services.
- 4.The non-resident staff will be responsible for the transportation of their child to and from school.
- 5.The Superintendent shall not enroll any child who is currently excluded by expulsion from another public or private school.
- 6.A non-resident student's continuation in Litchfield Public Schools is contingent on the student's compliance with all applicable rules and regulations of the Board and the individual schools, satisfactory academic progress, and the availability of staff and school resources. The Superintendent or his/her designee may terminate enrollment at any time where, in his/her opinion, continuation as a Litchfield student is not in the best interest of the school district or student.
- 7.At the discretion of the Superintendent or his/her designee, the non-resident student candidate for initial or continued enrollment shall be interviewed by the principal or assistant principal of the school at which enrollment or continued enrollment is sought.
Litchfield Public Schools
Policy Adopted: 8/12/2015
Policy Revised: 5/17/2017