DRESS AND GROOMING
The Board of Education encourages students to dress in clothing appropriate to the school situation. Restrictions on freedom of student dress may be applied whenever the mode of dress in question:
- is unsafe either for the student or those around the student.
- is disruptive to school operations and the education process in general.
- is contrary to law.
- that is in violation of any other Board policies.
The school shall not impose a dress code that:
- reflects discrimination as to civil rights.
- enforces particular codes of morality or religious tenets.
The administration is encouraged to establish any needed regulations consistent with this policy through cooperative planning with staff, students and parents.
Litchfield Board of Education
Policy adopted: August 10, 2011
Policy revised: November 6, 2013