The following regulations are established to ensure that on‑campus recruitment of students is conducted in an orderly manner that is not disruptive to the high school program.
1. Organizations wishing to recruit at
2. Recruitment meetings will be limited to the same number for each organization for each academic year. The exact number will be determined by the Principal and will usually not exceed two recruitment meetings per year.
3. On‑campus follow‑up meetings with individual students will be permitted only upon the request of the student(s) and with the approval of the Principal or designee.
4. Scheduled visits by recruiters will be made known to the student body by school personnel.
5. The school administration reserves the right to deny a recruitment meeting or access request where the holding of such a meeting will materially and substantially interfere with the proper and orderly operation and discipline of the school; is likely to cause violence or disorder; or will constitute an invasion or violation of the rights of other students. Any person or entity denied access under this regulation shall have the right to request a review of the administrative decision by the Board of Education by filing an appropriate written request with the Superintendent of Schools.
Legal Reference: Conn. Gen. Stat. § 10‑221b Boards of education to establish written uniform policy re treatment of recruiters
P.L. 106-398, 2000 H.R. 4205: The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2001
P.L. 107-110 "No Child Left Behind Act" Title IX, Sec. 9528
Litchfield Board of Education
Regulation adopted: April 19, 2006