Tech Purchase Recommendations
Beginning July 2018, staff may utilize their own mobile device while in District.
The LPS Technology Team has put together our minimum suggested specs to help guide you through a new hardware purchase.
Take advantage of the deeply discounted Microsoft Office Suite for $9.95.
* You do have access to Office 365 which is the online version of the Microsotf Office Apps (Word online, Excel online, Outlook online). You would only need to pay for this if you were interested in a client install for Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
We have partnered with a few of our vendors to help guide you through your new mobile device purchase.
Apple Education (Coming Soon)
Dell (Coming Soon)
Consumer Reports featuring purchase discounts
Windows Device: If you prefer a Windows Operating System laptop
- Operating System: Windows 10
- RAM: 8GB
- Harddrive Storage: 250GB
- Processor: i5 or equivalent
- Video Card: 1024 x 1280
- recommended upgrades: Backlit keyboard, anti-glare screen
* most laptops do not come with CD drives, you may want to purchase an external DVD-RW.
The make/model of the proposed student device is Dell Chromebook 11 3189. You can view this no the Dell website linked here.
11.6 HD Touch LCD
Processor: Intel Celeron N3060 or equivalent
HDD: 32GB SSD
HDMI - Full Size HDMI
Screen - 11.6 (1366x768) Touch with Corning Gorilla